Iowa City Owl
The death of 29 year-old Mark Duggan in the Tottenham borough of London domino-ed into almost a week of widespread rioting, looting, and arson in London and several other cities from August 6th until August 10th. The alleged crack-cocaine dealer and gang member was shot in the chest by a policeman on August 4th, leading to a non-violent protest march of 200 members organized by friends and family of Duggan.
Read All: Britain Shook By Widespread Rioting
Iowa City Owl is looking for writers and photographers for both our local and world news sections. Interested individuals should email news AT iowacityowl DOT com, specifying what they are most interested in writing about.
Read All: Looking For Writers and Photographers
Iowa City Owl
- Bernie Sanders Wins Iowa Caucus
- Pairing western food with Nihon Sake
- Internet users win victory in phone unlocking.
- XBox to improve Smart Glass for Next Gen
- What's with the new iPhone?
- Iowa City School Board member could lose law license
- Good-bye to Bentley
- Nebraska man arrested for scheming Iowa City bank for ovre $60,000
- Minneapolis Comic Con to feature Power Rangers
- Apple meets some heat from China Labor Watch, and gets outed
- University of Iowa faces new healthcare rules
- Sony reigning in the Next Gen battle
- XBox 360 indie developers could self-publish on XBox Live
- Iowa City couple turns to burglary to support habits
- Peeping landlord trial pushed to September
- Woman dies answering her iPhone
- Confidence in the Microsoft Surface lacking
- Iowa City responds to 'Not Guilty' verdict for Zimmerman